Scholarships for International Students from the Stipendium Hungaricum (Hungarian Government) in 2022/2023
The Hungarian Government\’s Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program provides overseas students with the opportunity to study in Hungary for free in any subject. The program\’s main goal is to expand the number of international students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian universities to recruit excellent international students. Tempus Public Foundation is in charge of the program.
WHEN TO APPLY
The deadline for applications is January 15, 2022.
International countries are eligible.
FIELD OF STUDY
Applicants are encouraged to apply for study fields that are part of Hungary\’s educational cooperation programs with the Sending Partner in question.
The Stipendium Hungaricum Award entails the following:
Every year, thousands of students from all over the world apply to study in Hungary\’s higher education institutions. The number of Stipendium Hungaricum candidates, as well as the number of available scholarship spots, is steadily increasing.
The program is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the sending countries\’/territories\’ education ministries and Hungary, as well as between institutions. Currently, more than 50 Sending Partners from four continents are involved in the initiative.
Since 2013, it has been available.
Stipendium is a type of fungus. Scholarships for bachelor\’s, master\’s, one-tier master\’s, doctorate, and non-degree programs are offered through Hungaricum (preparatory and specialisation courses).
In the Hungarian educational system, one-tier master\’s programs cover both the bachelor\’s and master\’s levels of study; as a result, it is a single master\’s program leading to a master\’s degree. These one-tier programs are available in a variety of professions, including general medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, architecture, law, veterinary surgery, and forestry engineering, among others.
In the following instances, applications will not be considered:
* Citizens of Hungary (including those with dual citizenships)
* Former recipients of the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship who are reapplying for studies in the same cycle of education (non-degree studies, bachelor\’s, master\’s, and doctorate level), including full-time and part-time study programs
BENEFITS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
* Tuition-free education
* Tuition-free exemption
* Monthly stipend
* non-degree, bachelor, master, and one-tier master level: monthly contribution to living expenses in Hungary of HUF 40 460 (approx EUR 130) for 12 months a year, till completion of studies
* Doctoral level: according to current Hungarian legislation, the monthly scholarship amount is HUF 140 000 (approximately EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (approximately EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for a period of 12 months per year, until the completion of studies.
* a dormitory place or a HUF 40 000 contribution to housing costs for the duration of the scholarship period
* Medical insurance
* health care services in accordance with Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, Act No. 80 of 1997, Act No. 80 of 1997, Act No. 80 of 1997, Act No. 80 of 1997, Act No. 80 of 1997, Act No. 80 of 1997, Act No. 80 of 1997, Act No. 80 of 1997,
The duration of the candidate\’s chosen program:
* Bachelor\’s degree programs take 2-4 years to complete full-time. Part-time: one or two semesters
* Full-time master\’s programs last 1.5 to 2 years. Part-time: one or two semesters
* One-tier master\’s degree programs:
5-6 years full-time Part-time: one or two semesters
* Doctoral programs: 2+2 years full-time Part-time: one or two semesters
* Non-degree programs.
* One-year preparatory course in Hungarian language
* One-year preparatory and specialization courses
Students can apply for full-time programs from the following Sending Partners: Arab Republic of Egypt, Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Kingdom of Morocco, Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People\’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, Mongolia, Oriental Republic of Uruguay, Palestine, People\’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, People\’s Republic of China, People\’s Republic of Algeria.